Pedestrian Injury Lawyer Mesa AZ
Most Dangerous Intersections in Mesa and Valley Cities
The Arizona Republic recently published data from various cities in Arizona in an effort to determine the intersections with the largest number of vehicle crashes from 2016-2018. A pedestrian injury lawyer Mesa AZ can advise a crash victim about legal claims and damages.
More than half of collisions occurred at or within a mile of a major freeway, as traffic tends to become congested in those areas.
The largest number of accidents between 2016-2018 occurred between Camelback Road and McDowell Road, and 27th Avenue and 75th Avenue.
The following is a list of Valley cities and their intersections with the most collisions between 2016 and 2018:
- 27th Ave and Camelback Rd- 195
- 67th Ave and Indian School Rd- 191
- 75th Ave and Indian School Rd- 186
- 67th Ave and McDowell Rd- 178
- 51st Ave and McDowell Rd- 169
- 65,857 total intersection-related accidents, 465 of which were fatal. A pedestrian injury lawyer Mesa AZ can investigate liability, obtain witness statements, consult with an accident reconstructionist.
- Loop 101 and Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd- 143
- Hayden Rd and Thomas Rd- 118
- 92nd St and Shea Blvd- 99
- Scottsdale Rd and McDowell Rd- 99
- More than 9,300 total intersection-related collisions, 21 of which were fatal.
- Loop 202 and Val Vista Dr- 79
- Germann Rd and Val Vista Dr- 75
- Baseline Rd and Higley Rd- 74
- Baseline Rd and Val Vista Dr- 46
- East Elliot Rd and Val Vista Dr- 24
- 4,870 total intersection-related collisions, 21 of which were fatal
- Baseline Rd and Interstate 10 at Exit 155- 132
- Broadway Rd and Price Rd- 132
- Rural Rd and University Dr- 104
- Rural Rd and Southern Ave- 91
- Price Rd and University Dr- 87
- 6,540 total intersection-related collisions, 15 of which were fatal
- Southern Ave and Stapley Dr- 118
- State Route 24 and Ellsworth Rd- 104
- Southern Ave and Country Club Dr- 92
- Broadway Rd and Mesa Dr- 86
- Southern Ave and Dobson Rd- 73
- 8,600 total intersection-related collisions, 36 of which were fatal (Not including 2018 data)
- Arizona Ave and Warner Rd- 108
- Kyrene Rd and Chandler Blvd- 107
- Dobson Rd and Ray Rd- 105
- Arizona Ave and Ray Rd- 93
- Alma School Rd and Chandler Blvd- 70
- 11,329 total intersection-related collisions, 32 of which were fatal
- Northern Ave and 51st Ave- 153
- Camelback Rd and 51st Ave- 125
- Thunderbird Rd and 59th Ave- 125
- Bethany Home Rd and 59th Ave- 116
- Northern Ave and 59th Ave- 113
- 8,348 total intersection-related collisions, 29 of which were fatal
- Thunderbird Rd and North 83rd Ave- 187
- Olive Ave and North 91st Ave- 168
- Grand Ave and North 75th Ave- 146
- Cactus Rd and North 75th Ave- 146
- West Thunderbird Rd and North 84th Dr- 140
- 6,400 total intersection-related collisions, 19 of which were fatal
- Bell Rd and Litchfield Rd- 84
- Bell Rd and Reems Rd- 64
- Bell Rd and West Point Parkway- 47
- Litchfield and Waddell Rd- 36
- Dysart and Bell Rd- 36
- 2,800 total intersection-related collisions, 4 of which were fatal
Excessive speed, disregard of traffic signals, and failure to yield are major causes of many of the intersection-related collisions.
In an attempt to reduce high numbers of collisions, The Phoenix Street Transportation Department has updated traffic signals to display flashing yellow arrows to indicate a left-turn arrow, a feature that is shown to reduce collisions by 25%. The Department plans on installing the flashing yellow arrows at more intersections across Phoenix.
A pedestrian injury lawyer Mesa AZ from the law office of Paul Englander, PLC can advise a collision victim about the litigation process, there should be no fees paid unless a settlement is obtained.